MEDICAL DISCLAIMER and INFORMATION STANDARDS POLICY
About this Policy
GHIC is committed to providing the highest quality information about APS. To understand more about this, please read the following policy.
The terms of this policy may change to reflect the changing activities and services of the charity. Please check it from time to time. We last updated it in July 2020. This policy is publicised on our website and can be sent out on request.
Information Standards Policy
GHIC gives upmost importance to ensuring that any information provided by the charity is based on peer-reviewed medical evidence or otherwise is commonly accepted to be best medical, legal or ethical practise in the UK.
GHIC does NOT provide advice – any information regarding an individuals’ condition or specific situation should only be acted upon after consulting a professional in that area.
Any recipient of GHIC information should be aware that:
- Any information given by GHIC is based only on the information provided to us by you, either directly or from records of previous correspondence.
- Any information given by GHIC should only be acted upon after full consultation with your GP or relevant medical or professional specialist in that area.
- GHIC cannot be held responsible for any unwelcome effects resulting from information given to you.
Medical Information Disclaimer
- The GHIC website contains general medical information.
- The medical information is not advice and should not be treated as such.
- The medical information on our website is provided without anyrepresentations or warranties, express or implied.
- We do not warrant or represent that the medical information on this website will be constantly available, or available at all.
- You must not rely on the information on our website as an alternative tomedical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, you shouldconsult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider.
- If you think you may be suffering from any medical condition, you shouldseek immediate medical attention.
- You should never delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice ordiscontinue medical treatment because of information on our website.
For more information, get in tough with GHIC.